Gen 6 Alexa FAQs
- A supported watch in a supported country
- Only applies to products preloaded with Amazon Alexa for Smart Watches
- An updated list of Alexa supported countries can be found on Amazon’s website.
- An Android phone
- Phones running the latest version of Android™ (excluding Go edition and phones without Google Play Store). Supported features may vary between platforms and countries with compatibility subject to change.
- A Bluetooth connection to your phone (during setup and usage)
- For Alexa on your watch to work (i.e. respond to questions), your phone needs to be connected via Bluetooth as Alexa on your watch communicates with the Alexa app on your phone to process the questions.
The Amazon Alexa for Smart Watches app on our WearOS watches is developed by Amazon and setting it up requires you to follow their instructions.
- Open the Amazon Alexa for Smart Watches app on your watch to get started. For further setup help, refer to Amazon’s support site.
- If the Amazon Alexa for Smart Watches app on your watch says “coming soon” when you open it, update the app by going into the Google Play Store app on your watch and to the My Apps page, find the Alexa app and tap to update.
- If you do not see the Alexa app on your watch or when you search for it in the Google Play Store, that means it is not currently supported on your watch or in your country.
After you set up Alexa on your WearOS watch, there are three main ways to access Alexa.
- Open the Alexa App
- Press the crown pusher button to launch the app picker and locate the Alexa for Smart Watches app.
- Swipe to the Alexa Tile
- Swipe right from the watchface through the tiles. You may need to add the Alexa tile to your list. To add or reconfigure tiles, press and hold any tile.
- Configure a pusher to launch Alexa
- Set the Alexa app to launch at the press of your top or bottom pusher. Configure this by going to watch Settings > Personalization > Customize Hardware Buttons
Only applies to products preloaded with Alexa
You can ask Alexa just about anything and see the response right on your watch.
- Get weather updates and multi-day forecasts
- “Alexa, what’s the weather?”
- Shop on Amazon
- “Alexa, order popcorn.”
- Set reminders and alarms
- “Alexa, remind me to call Margo at 3pm.”
- Control your smart home
- “Alexa, turn on the lights.”
- Review or Add items to your shopping list
- “Alexa, add milk to my shopping list”
- Check a live sports score
- “Alexa, what’s the score of the super bowl”
- Tell a joke
- “Alexa, tell me a joke”
- Ask just about any random question
- “Alexa, what’s the population of New York City”
No. The Alexa app on our WearOS watches does not affect the Google Assistant app or experience. Google Assistant will continue to work and provide the functionality Google offers. You are also not required to use Alexa or set it up.
At this time, Alexa responses are shown on the screen only.
Have questions? We're here
to help! Please find our
phone number, email address,
and more below.
8am to 8pm CST, MON-FRI
9am to 7pm CST, SAT-SUN
Find a store closest to you
using our store locator.