Last updated on September 6, 2019
We cooperate with service providers located outside the EU or the EEA, most of them located in the US and being Privacy Shield certified. Where this is not the case, we make sure we enter into standard contractual clauses, which grant an adequate level of data protection, unless another adequacy decision applies.
Before we explain to you which categories of Cookies and other technologies (all together we call "Cookies") we use, we want to point out that you can
→ generally reject browser Cookies via the settings of your browser, or
→ disable certain categories of Cookies under this link (If so, an opt-out cookie will be installed on your computer preventing all data traffic through the corresponding category of Cookies), or
Please note that certain functionalities of our website and services may not be accessible to you if you disable the use of certain Cookies.
Please also note that some service providers we cooperate with act as controllers, which means that they are responsible for the processing of cookie related data, while others process data on our behalf. In case a service provider acts as a controller, you may assert your data protection rights against that provider. In this policy we will indicate, if a service provider processes personal data not on our behalf, meaning as a controller. In such a case you may get in touch with the provider directly for any privacy related inquiries. In all other instances please contact us.
1. Functional Cookies
Other services we use for increasing functionality are for instance:
- Youtube and Google Maps, both provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google") to provide location services and display video clips on our website;
- Clicktale Heatmaps and Session replays by Clicktale Ltd, 2 Shoham St., Ramat-Gan 52521, Israel (“Clicktale”) to obtain details of the usage of our website;
- iPerceptions by iPerceptions Inc., 606 Cathcart, Suite 1007, Montreal, QC H3B 1K9, Canada (“iPerceptions”) for customer feedback relating to our website;
- PowerReviews by PowerReviews Inc., 180 North LaSalle Street, Chicago, IL 60601, USA (“PowerReviews”) to provide customer product ratings and reviews.
2. Social Cookies
- We use Gigya Socialize plug-ins provided by Gigya to enable you to share our website and content such as information about our products on social media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. We base this processing on Art. 6 (1) f GDPR since we aim to make it easier for you to spread information about our content and products you like via social media. When you visit our website your browser establishes a direct connection to Gigya. Gigya collects your IP address, browser type and usage information on our behalf. If you click on the social media platform button on our website you will be led to the social media platform directly.
3. Analytical Cookies
Without linking it to your name, but storing it with an ID number on the basis of Art. 6 (1) f GDPR, we use information about the services you use and how you use them (e.g. links or pages you clicked on in our emails or on our website). We use this information to learn about shopping preferences, to tailor our offers and websites, to resolve problems with websites, products and services, to analyze trends and statistics and to present our content in the most appealing and user-friendly way for you.
- We use Google Analytics, a web analysis services provided by Google, to store "analytical Cookies" on your computer on our behalf. In order to use these services, we send information about your usage of our website and the terminal devices used to Google, where the data is aggregated and analyzed to provide meaningful reports for us. As it can occur that your personal data is transferred to the USA, Google self-certified its adherence to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. You can object by installing a browser plugin clicking here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- We use Facebook Insights, an analytics tool provided by Facebook. Facebook Insights helps us to better understand how you interact with our posts, listings, videos and other content on our Fossil fan page on Facebook. Facebook stores Cookies on your computer containing a user ID. Through Facebook Insights, we only have access to anonymized data which we cannot combine with any personal information we know about you. Facebook and Fossil are Joint Controllers for the processing of Insights Data according to § 26 GDPR. Hence, we have entered into a Joint Controller Processing Addendum which defines responsibilities and accountability. For more information please see Facebook’s Insights Controller Addendum: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum.
4. Marketing Cookies
Please note that if you maintain a user account with third party service providers (e.g. Facebook) they may be able to identify you.
- We use Bing Ads, an advertising service provided by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, USA (“Microsoft”). Microsoft places Cookies and collects data like your IP address which allows us to process information about your usage of our website and to show ads that are relevant to you. The cookie contains a globally unique ID assigned to your browser, and/or an ID assigned to you as long as it is authenticated through your Microsoft account. As it can occur that your personal data is transferred to the USA, Microsoft complies with both the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. To opt-out from Bing Ads click here https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads.
- We use DoubleClick, an analysis service provided by Google to improve advertising based on what is relevant to you, to improve reporting on campaign performance and to avoid showing ads you have already seen. DoubleClick enables us to understand if you have completed certain actions on our website after you have seen or clicked through one of our ads served via DoubleClick. DoubleClick places a cookie on your browser and collects your IP address and information about your browser and web request on our behalf when you click on an advertisement placed via websites of the Google advertising network. Depending on your settings, information associated with Cookies used in advertising may be added to your Google account. For a detailed description of Google's processing see above under "Google Analytics". To opt-out from receiving personalized ads from Google click here https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
- We use Pinterest Tag, a marketing service provided by Pinterest Europe Ltd., Palmerston House 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Pinterest”). With the Pinterest pixel we can determine whether you have been forwarded to our website by clicking on one of our pins. Furthermore, the pixel collects data about the usage of our website (e.g. which pages you have visited, what products you have added to your shopping card etc.) and your IP address. As it can occur that your personal data is transferred to the USA, Pinterest complies with both the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. To opt-out from Pinterest click here https://help.pinterest.com/en-gb/article/personalization-and-data.
Fossil UK Ltd
Featherstone House, Featherstone Road, Wolverton Mill
Milton Keynes, MK12 5TH United Kingdom
T.: +44 (0) 2038685986